Sargylana A. Chugunova – PhD, Associate Professor of Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, North-Eastern federal university named after M.K. Ammosovю
Medical School: Yakut State University, Russia - 1981-1987, Degree in Medicine, graduated with high honors.
Residency: Yakut State University, Russia, neurology residency – 1987-1989. Yakut State University, Russia, doctoral student – 2007-2010
Scientific degree: Ph.D. (Candidate of Medical Sciences) - 2011
Clinical Interests: management of stroke care, stroke epidemiology
Research Interests: Epidemiology of stroke, Genetics of cerebrovascular diseases, Genetic risk factors for intracerebral hemorrhage and brain aneurysms
Work: 1991 - Neurologist, Republic hospital № 2, Yakutsk, Russia
2003 - Scientific researcher, Department of Epidemiology of chronic non-infectious diseases, Federal State Institution "Yakut Scientific Center of complex medical problems", Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
2005 - Deputy Head of the stroke department, Republic Hospital № 2- Center of Emergency Medicine, Yakutsk, Russia
2011 - Associate Professor, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K.Ammosov (part-time employment), Yakutsk, Russia
2013 - Associate Professor of Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, North-Eastern federal university named after M.K. Ammosov;
Experience: Treatment of acute stroke; neurological examination using the international scales (NIHSS, etc.); lumbar puncture; interpretation of brain imaging (computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, cerebral angiography), interpretation of doppler and duplex ultrasound imaging of the brain and neck vessels; management of the stroke care;
Methods of statistical analysis (Statistica software package, etc.);
Working with the Federal Hospital Register of acute stroke patients;
Education sessions in groups of interns and residents in the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education;
Neurologist, Deputy Head of the Stroke Department. The department is exclusively responsible for the stroke care in Yakutia.
Studies: We investigated the association between the risk of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage and polymorphisms of 7 genes (8 polymorphisms) in the «case-control» study. Statistically significant associations with hemorrhagic stroke were identified for epsilon-polymorphism of gene APOE.
Now we study the stroke epidemiology and ethnic differences of stroke, create a DNA bank of patients with hemorrhagic stroke, study the clinical manifestations of the brain aneurisms and amyloid angiopathy.
Collaborations: The main performer in the stroke projects carried out with Favorova Olga O, Doctor of Biological Sciences, Head of the Department of Molecular Biology and Medical Biotechnology of Medical and Biological Faculty of Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov (Moscow), with Tatiana Y. Nikolayeva, MD, Head of Department of Neurology and Psychiatry of SFVU (Yakutsk), with group of Yakut Scientific Center of complex medical problems.
1. Chugunova S.A, Nikolayeva T.Ya, Parfenov M.G, Sudomoina M.A Nogovitsina A.N, Hecht A.B., Gusev E.I., Favorova O.O. Polymorphisms of apolipoprotein E, beta-fibrinogen and chymase genes in Yakut hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke patients / / Yakutsky medicinsky journal, 2005, № 1 (9), P. 66-67.
2. Favorova O.O, NikolaevaT.Ya., Chugunova S.A, Parfenov M.G Kobylina O.V Sudomoina M.A, Hecht A.B, Gusev E.I. Contribution of genetic factors to the development of hypertension in different types of stroke in Yakutia / / Cardiologichesky vestnic, 2007, Vol 2, № 1, P. 22-26.
3. Chugunova S.A, Nikolayeva T.Ya, Farafonova E.N. Analysis of the data of computed tomography in hemorrhagic stroke / / Dalnevostochny Medicinsky Journal, 2007, № 4, P. 51-53.
4. Parfenov M.G., Chugunova S.A., Nikolaeva T.Ya., Koliadina Iu.A., Gekht A.B., Gusev E.I., Favorova O.O. // Genetic heterogeneity of hypertension prior to the development of ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes / / Molekularny meditsina, 2008, № 2, P. 55-60.
5. Chugunova S.A, Sudomoina MA, Nikolayeva T.Ya., Parfenov MG Makarycheva O., Hecht AB, Favorova O.O. Polymorphism of several hemostasis genes and hemorrhagic stroke among the Yakuts / / Yakutsk. Medicinsk. journal., 2009, № 2 (26), P. 105-107.
6. Nikolayeva T.Ya., Chugunova S.A. Hospital mortality of hemorrhagic stroke // National Congress "Emergency in Neurology", Moscow, 2009, P.320.
7. Chugunova S.A. Clinical and genetic characteristic of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) / / Dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences, Irkutsk, 2010, 25 p.
8. Chugunova S.A, Nikolayeva T.Ya., Kuzmina Z.M, Egorova N.E. Ethnic characteristics of stroke in Yakutia (according to the Regional Vascular Center) / / IV Russian scientific-practical conference "Cerebral circulation: the diagnosis, prevention, treatment" Samara, 24-26 April 2012, P. 24-25.
9. Nikolaeva T., Chugunova S. The Ethnic Differences of Stroke in Yakutia // Abstract Book of 15th International Congress On Circumpolar Health, USA, Fairbanks, 2012, P. 170.
10. Chugunova S.A, Nikolayeva T.Y, Gerasimov A.E. Asymptomatic strokes in Yakutia / / X Russian Congress of neurologists, Nizhny Novgorod, 2012, P. 181-182.
11. Chugunova S.A., Nikolaeva T. Ya. The ethnic differences of stroke in Yakutia // International Journal of Circumpolar Health, 2013, Vol. 72, supplement 1, P. 321-324.
12. Egorova, A; Chugunova, S. THE MORTALITY RATE OF THE WORKING AGE POPULATION IN THE REPUBLIC OF SAKHA (YAKUTIA) AS A RESULT OF THE SOCIAL HYGIENE FACTORS // International Journal of Circumpolar Health, 2013, Vol. 72, P. 1017-1017.
13. S.A. Chugunova, A.N. Sleptcov, T.Ya. Nikolaeva. ANALYSIS OF CARDIOEMBOLIC STROKE SEVERITY AT ONSET AND PRIOR ANTITHROMBOTIC THERAPY // Abstract book of Congress on Controversies in Thrombosis & Hemostasis, Berlin, October 30-November 1, 2014, P. 61-62.
14. SA Chugunova, TY Nikolaeva, VI Konstantinov, AP Semenov. The results of endovascular treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms (according to the Regional Vascular Center, Yakutsk) // Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry. SS Korsakov, 2014, Volume 114, №8, p. 309-310.
16. SA Chugunova, TN Nikolayev. Risk factors for the development and rupture of cerebral aneurysms // Yakut Medical Journal, 2015, C. 98-102.
17. Chugunova SA, Nikolaeva T.Ya., Semenov A. Contribution of cerebral vascular anomalies in hemorrhagic stroke structure in different racial groups of Yakutia // Wiadomosci Lekarskie, 2015, 68 (4), P. 604-607.
18. Chugunova SA, Nikolaeva T.Ya., Nesterova MM Demographic issues of acute cerebrovascular accidents in Yakutia / International Global summit on Stroke / Birmingham, UK, August 03-05, 2015
- Chugunova S.A. Hospital mortality in hemorrhagic stroke // National Russian Congress "Emergency in Neurology", Russia, Moscow, 2009
- Chugunova S.A. Hemorrhagic stroke in Yakutia: clinical and genetic characteristics // Republic Scientific and Practical Conference "Improving the care of vascular diseases in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)", Russia, Yakutsk, 2012.
- Chugunova S.A. The Ethnic Differences of Stroke in Yakutia // 15th International Congress On Circumpolar Health, USA, Fairbanks, 2012.
- Chugunova S.A. The results of endovascular treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms (according to the Regional Vascular Center, Yakutsk) // 3th International Russian Congress "Cerebrovascular pathology and stroke", Kazan, 2014.
- Chugunova S.A. Genetic aspects of hemorrhagic stroke in Yakutia // 3th International Russian Congress "Cerebrovascular pathology and stroke", Kazan, 2014.
- Chugunova S.A., Sleptcov A.N., Nikolaeva T.Ya. Poster «ANALYSIS OF CARDIOEMBOLIC STROKE SEVERITY AT ONSET AND PRIOR ANTITHROMBOTIC THERAPY», Congress on Controversies in Thrombosis & Hemostasis, Berlin, October 30 - December 1, 2014
- Chugunova S.A., Nikolaeva T.Ya., Nesterova M.M. Demographic issues of acute cerebrovascular accidents in Yakutia / International Global summit on Stroke / Birmingham, UK, August 03-05, 2015