- Ilia Afanasyevich Cherkashin is a 2-time champion of Sakha Republic – 1992, 1994; champion of the Far East and Siberia – 1992; silver medalist of the Cup of Russia – 1992; champion of the USSR – 1991 and winner of International tournaments in Germany, Italy, Croatia, Austria, Japan; the bronze medalist of the world - 1997 championship in Kickboxing in England and International tournament - 1994 "Prince Cup" in Muay Thai in Thailand.
- He is champion of the republic championships on Kettlebell lifting (fr om 2000 to 2003). In 2002 he became a master of sports of Sakha Republic on Kettlebell lifting.
- In 1996 and 2006 he created a sports club, wh ere he has trained champions and medalists in Kickboxing and Muay Thai: Kickboxing World Cup medalist P.V. Novgorodov; Prize-winner of the International tournament in Kickboxing K.S. Kolodeznikov; Medalist Russia in Muay Thai S.N. Dodohova; Two-time vise-champion for the European Muay Thai K.P. Borisov. Russian champions and winners of the tournament: K.Borisov, V.Ershov, A.Rastorguev,V. Ivanov, M.Maksimov, A. Romanov, U.Moskvitina, A.Zhirkova, A.Migalkin, E.Burnashev, V.Nikolaev, M.Gurinov, winner of the Cup of Russia 2014 Muay Thai A. Migalkin.
- In 2007 he won 1st place in the nomination "The best scientific article" in the university competition of scientific and technical council of the YSU. In 2008 he became a corresponding member of the International Academy of Pedagogical Education.
- In 2011 Ilia Afanasyevich Cherkashin won the Russian contest "The best scientific book of 2010". In 2011, an Inctitute of Sports and Physical Education student P.P. Okhlopkov (Supervisor - I.A. Cherkashin) at the I International Scientific Conference of students and graduate student in Almaty, Kazakhstan awarded nominal certificate "The best scientific article" in the field of sports education. In 2011, the competition STC NEFU on psychological-pedagogical education in the nomination "The best student scientific circle" - 1st place in Student scientific group ISPE, the head is Professor I.A. Cherkashin.
- Sport pedagogy, Theory and methodology of sports.
- In 2009, Ilia Afanasyevich Cherkashin won the Russian President's Grant for foreign training for the 2009-2010 academic year at Shanghai Normal University.
- In 2013 he won a grant of the Federal target program of education development for 2011-2015.
- In 2014 Rospatent approved the submitted application for a patent of the Russian Federation for useful model "boxing trainer".
- In 2015 received a patent for utility model "Device for setting a boxer hitting".
- In 2016 received a patent for utility model "Simulator for the technical and tactical training on mas-wrestling".
Scientific and social activities:
- In 2015, He included in the composition of the Editorial Board of the Scientific-theoretical journal "Science and Sport: Current Trends".
- He has 150 publications, including 3 monographs and 7 educational and teaching tutorial used in teaching practice. Currently, under his control, the 5 post-graduate students on a specialty 13.00.01 - general pedagogy, history of pedagogy and education; 13.00.04 - theory and methods of physical training, sports training, improving and adaptive physical training.
- 24 years.