The School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering
The results of scientific activity of the academic staff and students of the School are put into execution with great economic effect in mining factories, reported at regional and international conferences, published in scientific periodicals.
The research interests include:
· environmentally safe innovative technology of extraction and processing of diamondiferous rocks under conditions of Extreme North;
· rational models of mining equipment for open pits;
· power intensity reduction and increase of electrical equipment effectiveness in mines;
· fluids of oil and gas deposits in Eastern Siberia.
Full professor G. P. Dvoychenkova at the national medal ceremony of the Russian Federation for scientific innovation
Associate professor Y. V. Bebikhov at the International Symposium on Atomistic Modeling for Mechanics and Multiphysics of Materials in Tokyo, Japan
Students of mining engineering at the chemical laboratory
For the research results the School faculty was awarded the medals of different All-Russia and international expositions, such as “Industrial Safety”, Tziolkovsky medal of Russian Cosmonautics Federation, International Forum “The World of Pure Water”, EXPO-2008.
The School of Humanities and Natural Sciences
The research interests of the English Department faculty include:
· cognitive semantics and syntax;
· comparative historical linguistics;
· anthropological linguistics.
The research interests of the Mathematics Department include:
· the spectral theory of differential and pseudo differential operators;
· the theory of boundary value problems for elliptic equations with degeneration;
· the nonantagonistic games theory.
Students and professors of the School successfully take part in regional, national and international conferences. Among them international scientific conferences of undergraduate and post-graduate students and researchers held by Lomonosov Moscow State University, Novosibirsk State University; linguistic conference “Meaning-Text-Theory”, Barcelona, Spain; 27th conference of Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics, Haifa, Israel; international conference on Approximation Theory and Fourier analysis, Barcelona, Spain; 10th Seoul International Altaistic Conference, Seoul, South Korea; XII International conference on Cognitive Science, Venice, Italy.
Associate professor E. N. Afanasyeva at the 10th Seoul International Altaistic Conference, Seoul, South Korea
Full professor A. A. Goldman, associate professor I. Zh. Vinokurova at the international linguistic conference “Meaning-Text-Theory”, Barcelona, Spain
Associate professor M.G. Gadoyev at the international conference on Approximation Theory and Fourier analysis, Barcelona, Spain
Associate professor R. P. Ivanova at the 27th conference of Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics, Haifa, Israel