Documentation for the open grant competition of the North-Eastern Federal University (NEFU) designed to support scientific research projects implemented under the
supervision of leading scientists at NEFU
1. The Arctic Innovative Center of the North-Eastern Federal University hereby announces an open grant competition designed to support scientific research projects to be implemented under the supervision of leading scientists at North-Eastern Federal University. The grant competition is aimed at the development of scientific research and evaluation of NEFU according to the priority goals of the NEFU Development Program for 2010-2019 years.
2. Applications are accepted from the leading Russian and foreign scientists, interested in improvement of scientific researches on the base of NEFU in cooperation with NEFU specialists.
3. The leading scientist is a specialist who has significant achievements according to one of the priority goals of the NEFU Development Program for 2010-2019 years. The leading scientist should have the following achievements:
· articles published in the high level impact factor magazines;
· published monograph in the field;
· experience in holding research and engeneering works, which had high level of implementation and commercialization;
· experience in training highly skilled academic staff (there should be no less than 5 PhD students).
4. Applications may be submitted during 30 days after the grant competition was announced on the official site of NEFU.
5. Application should include the following documents:
· resume of the leading scientist (must be signed);
· information materials about the experience of holding research projects and the experience of scientific supervision (Curriculum Vitae, list of publication for the last 5 years, list of patents, list of 10 the most significant publications; should be signed by the leading scientist; information materials must include 5 pages, excluding appendices);
· the program and the timetable of the research project, which are to be hold at NEFU under the supervision of the leading scientist, must be signed by the head of a subdivision of the NEFU; 20 pages are recommended, excluding appendices;
· indicators of the effectiveness of the project results (must be signed by the head of a subdivision of the NEFU and by the leading scientist, 3 pages are recommended, excluding appendices);
· cost sheet for the project realization. The reward to the leading scientist must not be more than 50% of the labor compensation fund of the whole research stuff.
6. Express conditions of the participation of the leading scientist are the following:
· Grant competition projects should meet the thematic of the priority goals of the Development Program of NEFU;
· The written form of agreement of the leading scientist concludes an agreement for working at NEFU for the period no less than 3 month every year.
7. The Grant Competition winners will be determined by the Expert Council. The head of the Expert Council is the rector of NEFU. The body of the Expert Council consists of the specialists of the priority fields of the Development Program of NEFU for 2010-2019 years. The results of the Grant Competition will be announced on the official site of NEFU.
8. The winners of the Grant Competition will sign a agreement within 15 days after the results announcement.
9. Report on the use of the funds is to be done according the procedures accepted in the frames of the Provisions of Short Term Creative Teams of NEFU.